Robin L. Cabral, MA, CFRE – Principal
“Hire a CFRE!” – Robin L. Cabral, MA, CFRE is the one and only outsourced development professional with close to twenty-five years’ experience providing value-added interim development staffing and consulting services with razor-sharp monthly result objectives and benchmarked deliverables.
With her over twenty years’ experience, she has raised millions of dollars for small to mid-sized organizations.
Her hands-on results driven approach to raising money comes directly from both her experience assisting worldwide, national and local organizations and her cutting-edge Masters of Arts degree in Philanthropy and Fund Development from Saint Mary’s of Minnesota.
Robin is also an AFP International Master Faculty Trainer and presents nationally and online.
She works with small to mid-sized nonprofits that want to position themselves to build capacity and generate MORE fundraising prospects, BETTER donor relationships, and BIGGER fundraising dollars.
She is the leader in specializing in providing outsourced Nonprofit Fundraising Development Services, interim development services and coaching and assisting smaller organizations in their first campaigns; annual, capital, and endowment.
A listing of career accomplishments of Robin L. Cabral, CFRE principal of Development Consulting Solutions.
- Restructured a regional-wide congregational fund development office for a recently consolidated religious order of six different geographic areas.
- Conducted full-scale audit and assessment and produced a plan of recommendations for department start-up.
- Developed a full-scale fund development plan both short and long range to increase contributed income from $1,000,000 to $5,000,000 in three years that was both local and regional in nature.
- Implemented major gift, planned giving, more aggressive annual fund, and online and offline integration.
- Revitalization of organization special events.
- Implemented a $4.5 million capital expansion project, as well as maintained annual giving efforts in a one-person development shop.
- Largest gift leveraged included an outright gift of $500,000 with the donor making a total of $1,000,000 to name a facility.
- Overseen a $600,000 capital expansion project for a recently merged organization.
- Restructured development office to better align with sources of contributed income and lead a department of five “generalist” members.
- Collaborative in nature, fostering greater relationships with key departments interfacing with fund development including Finance and Communications.
- Overseen multiple agency name changes and resulting branding consistency.
- Increased development office utilization of volunteers to maximize staffing resources.
- Served as agency interim executive director.
- Worked to ensure organization philanthropic culture change building a resulting “culture of philanthropy.”
outsourced nonprofit fundraising development services
usually focus on interim development staffing and fund management consulting firms.
Development Consulting Solutions prides itself on being the small non-profit consulting firm serving clients throughout the Northeastern United States. As such, they provide exceptionally credentialed service to these organizations through a value-based approach and an in-residence based model.
It is Development Consulting Solutions philosophy that a consultant can only actually know an organization’s mission and culture when they spend a set number of days per month in residence at the organization. They not only provide exemplarily strategic advice but also implement this advice through acting as interim development staff and as campaign solicitors.
Unlike other consulting firms, the consultant bases the fee structure on the campaign goal to stay within campaign cost ranges that a donor would find acceptable. In most cases, this range is between 7 -10% of the actual campaign goal.