Special events whether they be meetings, corporate events, fundraising galas, or conferences are fraught with thousands of details, and have to come off without a hitch. Whether your event is for 50 or 2,000, whether it has a budget of a few thousand dollars, or hundreds of thousands, planning and executing the project is like a high-wire act without safety nets. Through this class get practical advice and tips on every aspect of organizing and managing your special event. Learn tips of the trade that help you run a wildly successful special event. This session will take you through every aspect of organizing and executing a successful event: the planning stages, timing and logistics, budget preparation, operations, and day of management. This session will also include a lab in which you will be asked to develop a special event strategy and will refine it based on peer-review and in-class sharing.
Among what you will learn is:
1. Choose the best venue.
2. Prepare and manage the event budget.
3. Organizing and timing the event.
4. Schedule and staff the event.
5. Coordinate food and beverages, decorations, entertainment, and event themes.
6. Work with professionals and other contracted services.
7. Evaluate the event and plan for the next.
If you’d like to have me speak at your next event or to your board and team, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call at (508) 685-8899.